Saturday, January 23, 2010

Varland Story - Chapter 21 - Wormy

You're right; I'm not the regular guy. Desmondes asked me to cover for him for a few weeks. Muttered something brusque about "medical issue". It's got to be mental; anything else he'd have just taken sick leave and the administrative assistant would be taking up a collection for balloons and circulating a card to sign.

I don't know why he always whinges on and on about doing this family. It all pays the same; there's no need to be such a Grim Weeper about it.

Funny thing, for all his whinging, he never briefed me on logistics. Who knew there'd be such a traffic jam I couldn't get near the client?

But it's not necessary to get up close and personal to get the job done; in fact, that may be part of Desmondes' problem. Just whisk and presto!


Tune out the wailing widower...

And there's time to chill until quitting time.

Yes, yes, I know you thought I'd have to phrase it as "time to kill". I don't do puns.


4 comments:

  1. I love this grim! I wish he narrated my life as i walked around. I caught and enjoyed the puns- even though they're aren't any!!! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know what book he was reading- "Zen and the Art of Reaping"? "Super Scythe Me"? "The Robe"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about "Reaping What You Sow"

    ReplyDelete
  4. but I love puns ;<
    good chapter I love the unique feel Mr.Grimm had :D

    ReplyDelete