Saturday, January 23, 2010

Varland Story - Chapter 20 - Bjarne

It wouldn't have been appropriate to make a big to-do of our wedding when we're still mourning Jorgen.


So Jody and I slipped off for a private wedding on the beach; it's becoming a family tradition.



Our announcement to the family was a bit anticlimactic.


The new arrival's name is Absalon.

Fatherhood seems to agree with Harald.


As soon as things settled down, Dad welcomed Jody to the family by baking a key lime pie, her favourite dish.


Which served a dual purpose, as we celebrated Valfrid's twenty-first birthday the same night.

I suspect his days as a bachelor are numbered.


I've gotten onto the ballot for City Council.


I take every opportunity to campaign...


Knock on every door...


Harald urges me to get more exercise.


But I seem be getting plenty with all the pavement pounding I've been doing.


I showed up to schmooze at the neighbourhood grill-a-thon.


Maybe I should have boned up on cooking first.


No comments:

Post a Comment