Saturday, January 23, 2010

Varland Story - Chapter 18 - Zeline

Elizabeth's passing seems to have strengthened Bjarne's resolve to continue her work.

Doogie is understandably devastated.


I try to comfort him but he's inconsolable.


Harald married Sonja in a quiet ceremony here at home.


Bjarne and Jody Douglas are planning to marry as well. No surprise there; like Jiro and me, they've been inseparable since third grade.


Valfrid is making his mark on the art world, even though he isn't yet out of school.


Someone once said that grandchildren were the reward for not having strangled one's children. I look forward to testing that hypothesis.



All in all, I'm having a grand time anticipating my grandchild, puttering in the garden and indulging in the occasional bit of mad science.



Bjarne is on the campaign trail nearly every evening. He works as hard as Elizabeth did and started in a good deal younger; I shouldn't be surprised if he were to become the leader of the free world someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment