Sunday, January 10, 2010

Varland Story - Chapter 3 - Morgana

Neil is a darling baby. I'd love to have half a dozen more just like him.

He's growing up so fast. Entirely too fast, I'd say, but at least I think there's another on the way.

Today I told him about his upcoming birthday before I realised that there'd be no party or cake. Then I cried. Absurd of me, given the suffering everyone has endured, to come so altogether undone that my son should be deprived of a birthday party.


I've also told him of the disaster. Perhaps he's too young to hear of such things, but he must know that, no matter what, it must never happen again.


He is most emphatically not to young to hear of the importance of keeping fit. Only the most rigourous training can keep the disaster's legacy of muscle atrophy and bone loss at bay. In my day, parents told children to eat spinach in order to grow up big and strong. Then I remembered that there is no more spinach and cried again. Call it pregnancy hormones.


Anders is every bit as darling a baby as Neil was and not one bit more so.



I resolve to set a better example vis a vis keeping fit.



Lars received word of his commission in the post today! I'm so proud of him I could burst. He works so hard but has to struggle to keep his attitude in check. Obviously he has succeeded.

When he wore his new uniform home, I was so ecstatic I could swear I saw palm trees and flowers behind him! I must be going stir crazy.

I'm cooking hot dogs to celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment